We are seeking committed, talented and ambitious colleagues that are passionate about green energy
Morrow Batteries is planning to build its Morrow Industrialization Center in the Eyde Energi Park in Arendal. This will be the industrialization center for the main Giga-scale battery cell factories which will be subsequently constructed. Construction of the Morrow Industrialization Center is planned to begin in the third quarter of 2021.
The modern facility will make it possible for Morrow to industrialize its future battery cell technologies and carry out customer qualifications. It will have world-leading technology that facilitates for production of cathode active materials and battery cells intended for qualification for the European automotive industry but also other customers from the energy storage and consumer market.
To help us to accelerate the construction of the industrialization center, we are seeking a committed, talented and ambitious Project Manager - Morrow Industrialization Center Infrastructure who is passionate about sustainable technology and energy.
The Project Manager - Morrow Industrialization Center Infrastructure coordinates and manages the activities across all relevant technical functions such as civil, mechanical, electrical, production equipment and utilities, as well as coordination with the municipality and construction team on-site in Arendal located in the South of Norway. You will have the opportunity to gain increasing responsibilities as Morrow is extending its operations towards Giga-scale factories for battery cell production as well as active material production.
Working in Morrow’s distinctly entrepreneurial environment will undoubtedly move your career forward as a team-member and as a leader.
- Manage overall project progress (ensuring time plan, budget and resources in place) of the Morrow Industrialization Center construction
- Regularly review progress with lead EPC company
- Organize and facilitate internal and external steering meetings and coordinate the activities with all relevant stakeholders across the infrastructure development project
- Take full ownership of project and drive interfaces between the technical functions within the project
- Follow-up on changes and conduct weekly progress reviews on change management
- Work with the municipality, construction team, design team, manufacturing team and logistics team to ensure that all program activities are progressing, on-schedule and timely closed
The person we are looking for this position is strongly goal oriented, structured, analytical, communicative and eager to learn and contribute. You will lead the initial stage of Morrow’s infrastructure development and you are able to make real impact on Morrow’s success story in the South of Norway. After successful completion of the Morrow Industrialization Center you will be able to scale your activities and you will lead a team of multi-discipline Project Managers in the construction of our Giga factories over three project phases until 2027.
- A relevant university degree (B.Sc. / M.Sc. or similar) in Engineering
- Preferably 5+ years of relevant experience in leading mid- to large scale construction projects (design, execution and commissioning phase)
- Experience as Project Manager of a multi-discipline project
- Industrial background in Manufacturing, Chemical Processing, Oil & Gas, Mining, Mineral Processing or similar is a plus
- Work experience in a multi-cultural setting is a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Fluency in Norwegian is a plus
- Excellent knowledge in MS office
- Excellent knowledge in MS Project or other relevant project management software
- Highly organized and result-driven
- Proactive in task management with the critical path always in mind
- Quick understanding of issues and a can do attitude to tackle them
- Structured and analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in high-performing team environment
- Has a strong quality mindset and integrates the Morrow ‘best-in-class’ principles into the establishment of the Morrow Industrialization Centre
We believe in flexible work hours and a good work-life balance, and while we love to get results, it’s incredibly important for us to have happy team members.
Our team is driven, hardworking, creative and responsible, with a love for inspiring each other in order to grow and learn.
We look forward to hearing from you!
In this assignment we are partnering with Mercuri Urval, specialists in Executive Search, Professional Recruitment and Talent Advisory.
Want to be part of the future of battery technology? Send your resume no later than June 14th, 2021.
For additional information please contact Andreas Maier, EVP Manufacturing, email firstname.lastname@example.org