ONE-Dyas has a strong focus on the Norwegian Continental Shelf as its core area, and has the ambition to significantly expand its business in the region over the next 3 to 5 years. We are now recruiting for the role of a Senior Geologist to further strengthen our team in Norway.
The Senior Geologist is responsible for providing expertise on License Management activities and evaluation work on ONE-Dyas Norge’s Licenses and/or new business opportunities that includes exploration farm-ins, APA applications and acquisitions of new developments and/or production assets.
The position is based in Stavanger, reports to the Subsurface Manager of ONE-Dyas Norge AS, and will play an important contribution to a highly skilled multidisciplinary subsurface team.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Geological evaluation and seismic interpretation for development and exploration farm-in opportunities
- Build depositional models based on core description and log analyses
- Generation of uncertainty- and risk- analysis in both the static and dynamic domain with keen eye for analogue sedimentological depositions
- Prepare license applications for APA rounds on the NCS, either on a ONE-Dyas Norge stand alone basis and/or as a contributor to multi party applications
- Stay informed about new activities at NCS, and present proposals to ONE-Dyas management and/or in License Joint Venture meetings
- Participate in technical peer reviews across the international ONE-Dyas business environment
- Participate and contribute to License Management JV committees
The candidate we are looking for will typically present a combination of the following:
- MSc in Geosciences, Geology or Geophysics with focus on sedimentology
- Experience on seismic interpretation and seismic stratigraphy
- Sedimentological background and experience in sequence stratigraphy
- Good knowledge on basin tectonics and HC generation on the Norwegian Continental Shelf
- Competence on core description and log interpretations
- Absolute minimum of 10 years of industry experience in an operating environment
- Experience and track record on both field development and exploration opportunity generation
- Knowledge and practical experience with delivering input for static reservoir modelling tools (Petrel)
- Excellent command of the English language, both orally and in writing – Norwegian is a plus
- Experienced in effectively presenting proposals to management and JV partners
OPPORTUNITIES AND BENEFITS:
- Join a reputable and financially strong international corporation with robust ambition to expand their business portfolio on the NCS
- Play an important role together with a highly competent, diverse and agile team in prime located offices in Stavanger city centre
- Obtain a vast job exposure on projects throughout the entire E&P life cycle in the North Sea and at NCS with a variety of operators and partnerships
- Competitive remuneration package
- Further personal development opportunities, aligned with ONE-Dyas position and ambitions
You are welcome to contact Ottar Skeide at +47 975 59 043 for a first confidential dialogue, and/or apply for the position by uploading your CV and motivation letter as soon as possible.