In line with their ambitious strategy for international growth, Stokke are renewing their focus on their core product portfolio. They are now seeking a skilled Product Management Director to lead a team of Product Managers in Sindelfingen, Germany.
Responsibilities and Tasks
As Product Management Director, you will be responsible for setting and driving the global product and portfolio strategy, including front-end initiatives, PLM scope and deliverables. You will lead a local team of four but work closely with both the commercial teams in Sindelfingen and the product development teams in Ålesund, Norway while travelling regularly across global markets.
Your tasks will include:
Portfolio Strategy and Agenda
- Leading and driving Stokke’s global product portfolio strategy including clear vision and direction with relevant objectives and KPIs.
- Setting direction and driving the overall agenda via a portfolio of front-end innovation, NPD, PLM, collaborations and co-promotions with partners.
- Leading creative processes with internal and external partners to generate new ideas to ensure delivery against mid- and long-term growth objectives.
- Driving the insights and competitive intelligence agenda for the product innovation and portfolio and ensuring all innovation and PLM activities are consumer-based and insights-led.
- Driving the portfolio pricing strategy in collaboration with Finance, Markets and GLT to ensure competitiveness in-market and GM expansion.
- Ensuring delivery against annual objectives (TO, GM, EBITDA).
- Owning the overall NPD/PLM portfolio and ensuring delivery of all projects ‘on-time and on quality’.
- Scoping and proposing new NPD/PLM projects (‘Commercial Scoping’).
- Possibly leading some key NPD/PLM projects (‘Commercial Lead’).
- Shared responsibility in driving the front-end innovation agenda.
- Monitoring overall sales performance and initiating corrective actions.
- Conducting regular visits to markets to secure close collaboration and to bring outside insights in.
- Delivering the annual plan and activities through a team of Product Managers.
- Developing a strong product management team with a broad commercial understanding and ability to drive cross functional teams.
- Coaching Product Managers towards future growth.
- Identifying, aligning and allocating resources to deliver against the overall portfolio objectives.
- Building rapport for front-end Innovation/NPD/PLM projects with relevant stakeholders.
- Cooperating closely with the Brand team and Global Marketing on Communications development.
- Securing strong collaboration with Commercial and Regional teams.
- Identifying partnership strategies and securing execution in line with agreed strategy.
The successful candidate will have a relevant university degree combined with at least 10 years’ experience within Marketing and Product Management in strong, brand driven companies. It is expected that at least five of those years are from a similar role in a global branded consumer goods company.
You will be fully operational in all Product Management matters, especially within Product Development, Innovation Management, Category Strategy Development, Category Planning, Go-To-Market strategies and Product Lifecycle Management. You will have a proven track record in accelerating brands and driving successful product innovation from idea to launch on a local, regional and global scale.
In addition to this you are an ambitious, motivational leader with strong interpersonal skills who works well in a diverse, global team. You have strong business acumen and the ability to bring in a cross-functional perspective as well as set and deliver a global agenda.
The position requires a hard-working and dedicated individual, who can be flexible to work long days and travel internationally when needed. You will thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment with clear goals and be fluent in English (written and spoken). Despite the extensive travel, it is essential that this person be based in the Stuttgart area to be close to the team so relocation will be necessary if you are not already living within a commutable distance.
We look forward to hearing from you
Please send your CV and cover letter through to www.mercuriurval.com (ref.no. DK-07452) as soon as possible. For additional information please contact Serena Scalzo on +45 5076 1219 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.