Skechers’ European Distribution Center distributes footwear all over Europe. They have ambitious plans to grow even more in Europe. To facilitate this expansion from a customs compliance perspective, they are looking for their new customs leader.
- You assure the customs and trade compliance of Skechers activities throughout Europe, including but not limited to inbound and outbound shipments at the Belgium and UK Distribution Centers.
- You manage in– and outbound customs operations at all current and future customs bonded warehouses.
- You manage all necessary customs authorizations and certifications and permits and bonds, for example AEO certifications in respective countries. You assure internal controls are in place for customs compliance processes.
- You lead a team of 5 Customs Compliance Coordinators based in Milmort and UK.
- You manage imports and other inbound shipments by Skechers subsidiaries throughout Europe. You proactively act to assure compliance of Skechers imports and exports.
- You drive duty reduction initiatives.
- You offer up to date and relevant advice to various business stakeholders and support the Senior Director for Customs & Trade Compliance and other management as needed.
Experience and Qualifications
- You have minimal a bachelor’s degree preferably in an economic field.
- You have previous experience in a similar role and have reached an expert level in European customs compliance. You are familiar with Bonded Warehouses.
- You have experience in high volume distribution environments.
- You have a first experience in leading a team.
- You have a strong helicopter view and forward/strategic thinking skills. Yet you are also hands-on, operational and an executor.
- You are open to occasionally travel to the UK DC or other sites in Europe.
- You are either based in Belgium or the UK.
- You are fluent in French and English.
We look forward to hearing from you
In this assignment we are partnering with Mercuri Urval, specialists in Executive Search, Professional Recruitment and Talent Advisory. For additional information please contact Maxim Swinnen via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org