Whether the candidate is internal or external, whether an Executive Search firm is involved or not, and whether ‘add on’ assessment tools are used or not, the research is clear – the probability of a successful Executive appointment these days is about the same as flipping a coin. This failure has a staggering cost – to people, to leaders and to organisations’ results.
In recent research into conventional executive appointments, success rates are poor. Only 50-60% of leader selection decisions are successful.
Read more about failed leader selection here
A few years ago, a well-known and leading global Executive Search firm, studied 20,000 senior Executive placements. The researchers discovered a 40% failure rate within 18 months of a leader’s appointment, despite utilising extensive ‘talent data’ and the ‘latest leader assessment’ tools. In a meta-analysis of recent studies this poor level of performance was found to be the norm. Shockingly, only 50% to 60% of leader selection decisions are successful when mainstream approaches are used.
Choose science-based over chance
More reliable leadership selection and development advice is available from our Leadership Assessment experts. Our experts reliably select, evaluate, and develop your most valuable assets – your leaders.
The MU Leadership Assessment service predicts the immediate and sustainable success of leaders in your organisation. The science-based methodology used provides accurate fact-based predictions anchored in an organisation´s unique situation and plans.
This pioneering service is only available from MU. The service is delivered by experts certified exclusively by MU. The key factors that differentiate the MU Leadership Assessment from other Executive Level Assessment processes are:
- The process is anchored in the client´s unique context and business situation, and not generic models, assumptions, or theories of leadership. Specific analysis and advice are integral to the Leadership Assessment expert’s way of working.
- The clarity and confidence of our employment recommendations (our expert gives clear and impartial advice, even if the implication is challenging for our client)
- The accuracy of our predictions associated with performance are followed up and reported
- The highest industry standards of validation and certification standards applied (ISO 10667-2)
With our Leadership Assessment service, you will:
- Secure both the short-term and sustainable results you need
- Select leaders that perform from day one and follow-through
- Outperform over time by having the best leaders in your organisation
- Secure successful leader potential in your organisation long-term
- Use the most accurate and modern predictive methodology available
Go beyond opinions with MU Leadership Assessment
Our Leadership Assessment experts are certified, and the quality of their work is continuously reviewed to make sure that your expectations are fulfilled and exceeded. Our assessment experts make sure that your leaders can lead your organisation outperform, now and in the future, whether they are your next CEO or a vital senior specialist in your team.
- Our advice is scientifically underpinned, has validated success, and is quality certified (ISO 10667-2)
- Mercuri Urval´s Leadership Assessment is built on the careful collection and systematic evaluation of the relevant facts and data, enabling an accurate and reliable prediction of a leader´s future success in a position both short-term and long-term.
- Track record, personal capabilities, and motivation is analysed and evaluated as the basis for this prediction
- More than 90% of leaders we recommend meet or exceed expectations*
MU Leadership Assessment: A stronger prediction and more reliable leadership advice
Read the words of our CEO Richard Moore
An MU Leadership Assessment process builds on a context and situation-specific analysis and gives a recommendation precisely tailored to your needs. We ensure we understand your leadership needs thoroughly. Our proven expertise and methodology in translating business strategy into the right people capabilities has helped 1000’s of our clients outperform.
- We use unique and scientifically underpinned methods and tools, covering all needed aspects of the assessment. We have a research tradition going back more than 50 years, and a track record that includes more than 1 million assessments performed.
- Our quality is well documented and externally validated. We meet the highest standards of ethics and data security. Our delivery is audited continuously internally and externally. Our quality is certified according to the ISO 10667-2 standard. We offer exceptional quality and consistency.
- We provide reliable advice on decisions taken regarding leadership selection and development. We will always give firm advice on how to go forward. Independently verified data shows we get it right in over 90% of assignments completed. This measure of success is industry leading.
- Our Leadership Assessment provides accurate and sustainable results whilst securing the highest ethical standards. Through its scientific foundation and development, the Leadership Assessment solution ensures accuracy, fairness for all parties and reduces subjectivity. Our solution treats all parties equally and fairly, and is non-discriminatory, based on the ISO standards for open, reliable, and valid leadership advisory services in the workplace.
Why choose Mercuri Urval for your next Leadership Assessment?
Mercuri Urval Leadership Assessment is a high-quality process, with scientific methods that are unique and assured. Our proprietary procedures are assured to be an ethical, reliable, high-quality basis for decisions about leadership at work.
We rest on more than 50 years of experience and knowledge of the leadership needed to succeed in an organisation’s specific context. We understand how leadership behaviour impacts your results. We will help you secure the leaders you need to get results.
Trusted Leadership Assessment Experts
- Our Leadership Assessment and Leadership Advisory Consultants are experts in business and leadership
- Our experts work together in client-centric teams in more than 60 countries
Extensive track-record in Leadership Assessment and Leadership Advisory
- 1000s of clients across all sectors worldwide
- Trusted experts fully committed to improving client results through effective leadership
- Our methodology is Quality Assured, including ISO 10667-2 standards
- Proprietary procedures that are assured to be an ethical, reliable, high-quality basis for decisions about the leadership at work
- More than 90% of executives we recommend succeed*
*Reoccurring validation studies, annually audited by DNV