Join our client Stokke, a premium children’s furniture company in their German hub in the Stuttgart area
In line with their new strategy, Stokke are now seeking a talented Product Manager, with a good foundation of 2-4 years in the function and the motivation to take a step up, to join their growing Product Management Team in Sindelfingen, Germany.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Reporting to the Product Management Director, you will be part of a team of Product Managers who will lead cross functional projects within Product Development in order to develop and execute Stokke’s product portfolio strategy. You will have the end-to-end product responsibility and business ownership for your own category from insight and ideas to products in the market and drive the overall product agenda, including collaboration with the Brand team on campaign development.
Working across the Stokke organization and across countries, you will create results in close collaboration with experienced and skilled designers and engineers in the Product Development team as well as with international stakeholders in the commercial organization. Furthermore, you will interface with the Leadership Team and with other key stakeholders to drive initiatives and develop and implement strategies.
Your tasks will therefore include:
Product Strategy and Agenda
- Leads and drives the global product strategy for an assigned category including clear vision and direction with relevant objectives and KPIs.
- Sets direction and drives the overall agenda via a portfolio of NPD/PLM/Promo/Communications projects.
Leads and collaborates in creative processes with internal and external partners to generate new ideas to ensure delivery against mid- and long-term growth objectives.
- Drives the insights and competitive intelligence agenda for the category and ensures innovations are consumer-based and insights-led.
- Drives the pricing strategy in collaboration with Finance and Markets to ensure competitiveness in-market and GM expansion.
- Ensures delivery against annual objectives (TO, GM, EBITDA).
- Owns the overall Category NPD/PLM portfolio and ensures delivery of all projects ‘on-time and in-full’.
- Scopes and proposes new NPD/PLM projects (‘Commercial Scoping’).
- May lead some key NPD/PLM projects (‘Commercial Lead’).
- Owns the promotional calendar and ensures a healthy balance of and equity building
- Monitors overall sales performance and initiates corrective actions.
- Drives the overall Category profitability agenda; identify and align actions to deliver profitability in line with company vision.
- Cross organizational project and team leadership.
- Delivers the annual plan and activities in collaboration with other Product Managers.
- Identifies, aligns and allocates resources to deliver against the overall Innovation agenda.
- Builds rapport for NPD/PLM projects with relevant stakeholders.
- Secures strong collaboration with Commercial and Regional teams.
- Supports the Brand and marketing teams to drive communications development.
- Identify partnership strategies and secure execution in line with agreed strategy
The successful candidate will have a relevant university degree combined with 2 to 4 years’ experience and a solid understanding of product or category management in a global branded consumer goods company. This would be the ideal next step for a more junior Product Manager looking to move into a more senior role and lead a global category.
You will have a strong foundation in all Product Management matters, with particular experience in End-to-End New Product Development, Innovation and Product Lifecycle Management. You will have a proven track record in driving strong performance and delivering results including the demonstrated success in leading a project team working across the organization.
In addition to this you are an open-minded, team-oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills who works well in a diverse, global environment. You have strong business acumen and the ability to bring in a cross-functional perspective as well as deliver a global agenda. You are dedicated and hard-working and will thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment with clear goals.
You have an international mindset and are a constructive challenger who brings new ideas. It is important that you are fluent in English (written and spoken) and are able to travel on a monthly basis to the different Stokke hubs, especially Ålesund (Norway).