As part of their strategy for maintaining a leading position in the infrastructure segment, Hempel are looking for a Global Key Account Manager to lead and develop a selection of prioritised, global accounts within the civil construction industry.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure Global Key Accounts, you will be part of a diverse team of Global and Regional Key Account Managers who, together, are working towards developing meaningful partnerships with international customers across a range of industrial business sectors.
As Global Key Account Manager for the civil construction segment, you will be responsible and fully accountable for the overall management and development of your designated accounts. This will primarily include leading a cross-border group of local sales managers as part of your dedicated account team and actively seeking out new opportunities to develop the partnership with your stakeholders.
Your tasks will therefore include:
- Understanding, planning and developing your Global Key Accounts in order to achieve sustainable and profitable business for Hempel
- Sales development (direct or indirect) throughout the value chain, from specifying Hempel coating systems to negotiating, closing deals and servicing the Account and its subcontractors
- Development & implementation of the strategy and the operational plans for the selected Accounts to achieve sustainable and profitable sales
- Definition and delivery of the Hempel value proposition
- Acting as the primary Hempel contact and negotiator for the assigned Global Key Accounts, initiating and maintaining relations at all management levels and locations
- Maintain complete and detailed overview of current and future construction projects
- Full budget and P&L responsibility for select GKAs of the company
- Leading the Global Key Account team, selecting and deploying the full potential of the team to the mutual benefit of Hempel and the Global Key Account
The ideal candidate will have a solid technical understanding combined with strong commercial/business capabilities and a background working within the civil construction industry. You will have experience with the specification process within construction or consulting engineering market and be confident using this as a base for your business development activities.
We therefore would expect you to have at least 10 years’ experience in a similar commercial role with proven experience in key account management and a strong track record delivering short term results while creating long term customer value. You will have experience in sales management and business development, bringing strong capabilities in the B2B area and the ability to work on both direct and indirect sales (e.g. partnering with and targeting contractors and subcontractors of the GKA’s value chain).
Having worked on an international level, preferably as a Global Key Account Manager already, you have a good cultural awareness and enjoy collaborating across borders. You will be able to work successfully on both a strategic and operational level, managing and inspiring a team of indirect reports and other important stakeholders. A strong networker, you will have excellent communication and negotiation skills and be fluent in English.
Although this is a home-based role, your key stakeholders will primarily be based in and around London so it is essential that you can easily commute to the area and are ideally located close to an airport for regular international travel.
We look forward to hearing from you
Please send your CV and cover letter to www.mercuriurval.com using ref.no. DK-07841 as soon as possible. For additional information please contact Isabella Valentini (+45 5076 1208) or Serena Scalzo (+45 5076 1219).