BRITA is currently looking for a motivated Finance & Operations Director to lead the function in the Nordic region, working together with the local team as well as with Group Headquarters to take business to the next level.
Your Responsibilities and Tasks
In this role, you will lead Finance, Operations and Back Office functions for the Nordic business, acting as a trusted sparring partner to the company’s leadership. Your role will report to the Managing Director of BRITA Nordic and be based at the regional office in Sorø, Region Sjælland, working together with a dynamic and dedicated team. The BRITA Nordic subsidiary now counts 10 employees and has been integrated into the Group in 2019, with plans and potential for upscaling and expanding the business in the region.
For this position, BRITA is looking for a professional, who brings solid experience, being also hands-on and appreciating working cross-functionally within an agile and cohesive group of people.
As a Finance & Operations Director, your main tasks will be to:
- Be a business sparring partner for the Managing Director and provide proactive support – evaluating different scenarios, providing different perspectives and making recommendations.
- Secure and control the yearly plans and reporting during the year as well as monthly financial statements, in accordance with the statutory and internal Group requirements – include relevant reporting for the company and BRITA Group to create the necessary transparency as base for a decision-oriented management reporting.
- Manage monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with commercial and fiscal laws, including efficient and effective working capital management regarding debts and credits, liquidity and cash.
- Lead, develop and support the Nordic Operations (one report with own team) and Back Office (one report) managers, together with their respective reports.
- Supervise the organization of local distribution and local customization in accordance with Group Supply Chain Management, Operational and Quality guidelines and processes.
- Ensure that the HR processes (especially payroll, Employment Performance and Development Process, recruiting) and IT development and implementation (especially infrastructure and ERP) are future-oriented, with due consideration given to the corporate objectives and internal guidelines
- Provide efficient and effective contract and compliance management, implementing requirements and/or Group guidelines, in close cooperation with Group Legal & Compliance and local legal advisors as needed.
Your Skills & Experience
To achieve success in this role, you are expected to have minimum 5 years of management experience in the Finance function (Controlling and Accounting) for a company with international business, ideally in consumer goods, wholesale or retail sectors. It will be a plus, if you have experience working within a national or regional subsidiary of a global company.
You will have a relevant higher education degree in Finance and Business Administration, with IFRS-knowledge and ideally additional experience as a chartered accountant or tax consultant. Besides your knowledge of Finance & Controlling, you have operational and cross-functional leadership experience across the business with direct exposure and possibly people management experience in areas such as Logistics, IT (ERP) or Human Resources. Being fluent in Danish and in English (with German proficiency being a plus), you have an international mindset and are motivated to both work with the local organization and to interface with group stakeholders at the Headquarters.
Mixing analytical thinking and an entrepreneurial drive, you enjoy working with strategic development, are pragmatic to set priorities for your function and performance oriented. You are motivated to work in a team and to make use of your empathy and communication skills to actively contribute to a collaborative, respectful and supportive company culture. Candidates who bring relevant experience in a Manager position and are willing to take a step up will also be considered.
In this position, you will join BRITA in their exciting growth journey in the Nordics, becoming part of the leadership of a small and fast-growing regional organization and joining a team of experts. You will work as a trusted business partner of the Managing Director and of the Group Finance function, leading your own cross-functional team and managing strategic development, improvement and business expansion projects.
You will join an established, experienced and motivated team in the Nordics, backed and supported by a family-owned group leader in its sector, with a track record of solid growth, a value-adding business and a continuous focus on sustainability.
We look forward to hearing from you
Please send your English CV and cover letter through to www.mercuriurval.com (ref.no. DK-07916) as soon as possible. For additional information please contact Serena Scalzo, Executive Researcher at Mercuri Urval, at +45 5076 1219 or at email@example.com