A major supplier in the field of instrumentation & explosion protection solutions which complex systems are particularly prized by customers is growing and need to reinforce its team with a BDM (Business Development Manager) engineer
The BDM Engineer is the person in charge of managing the company's relationships with its current customers. He/She also must be in charge of finding new business particularly prized by customers from the oil and gas industry as well as the chemical and pharmaceutical industry. Area of responsibility (part of Barcelona, Vallés Area, Girona, Basque Country and Asturias).
The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships.
- Negotiate contracts and orders getting to maximize profits for the company and to fulfil the needs of the customers.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with the assigned accounts helping them to find the best solution for their inquiries.
- Develop new business with existing and new clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas.
- Develop sales strategies, action plans, annual budgets and forecast reports for the assigned accounts.
- Using CRM as the internal tool for sales reporting, forecasting and to share information with the rest of colleagues all around the world.
- Collaborate with the internal business development team to maximize the success of the opportunities generated, the developments of strategies and the identification of risks.
- Collaborate with the logistics department ensuring the successful delivery of the orders / projects and possible claims of the customers.
The ideal candidate should be a solid professional with:
- Degree in Engineering or similar.
- Educational background in Electronics or Electricity or Automation.
- Professional experience in business development or sales.
- Fluent in English & Spanish (both oral and written).
- Residence preferably in Barcelona area.
- Able to travel frequently.
- An added value will be educational background in ATEX and/or account management experience (very valuable with OEM´s).
If you are a successful business development engineer, you like working in a dynamic young international environment and you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV.
For additional information please contact José Miguel Diego, via e-mail email@example.com