2019 was another successful year for MU, the 52nd in our history. Our strategy to grow within the premium segment – with a focus on clients most important and urgent need in Leadership Acquisition and Advisory – continues to develop well.
Read more about key achievements in our Chairman’s Letter
- Our experienced team continued to develop with significant growth in average client platforms, earnings and six new colleagues were welcomed to our partnership
- We launched an ambitious programme to redevelop our online learning possibilities and introduce a certification programme for all new colleagues
- We intensified our digitalisation initiatives. Externally by developing our client- and candidate communication with digital means and new tools to be used in our client offerings. Internally we took further steps towards effective Knowledge Sharing and a Digital Workplace for colleagues
Financially the company and our team develop well regarding our transition fully into the premium segment. However, our transition into the premium segment impacted profitability in 2019 and we will develop our footprint to address this in 2020:
- 37% premium products – This has increased over the last couple of years and is continuing to do so
- 5% EBITDA margin – Less than 2018, and will improve significantly once already decided footprint related initiatives have been completed
- Total sales 83 MEUR with a strong balance sheet and 58% Equity/Assets ratio
To further strengthen our leadership and accelerate strategy execution in MU, a CEO has been appointed and the Leadership Team was developed.
Read more about 2019 and our plans for 2020 in our annual report section, including our response to the impact of Covid-19 on our clients and colleagues.
For more information, please contact:
Sofia Hjort Lönegård
Public Relations, Mercuri Urval
Phone: +46 (0)732 514 814
About Mercuri Urval
The only global Executive Search, premium Talent Acquisition and Talent Advisory firm based in the Nordics:
- Founded 1967, Stockholm, Sweden
- 3000 clients served each year; leading global corporation and public sector institutions to SMEs, digital start-ups and local government
- Expert teams worldwide, performing assignments for clients in more than 60 countries each year
- Experts in all major markets; working without boundaries in person and online, worldwide.
A true pioneer in leader employment, development and business advisory
- 42% Executive Search and Strategic Recruitment
- 35% Recruitment of specialists
- 23% Assessment and Talent and Leadership Advisory Solutions
- Pioneering leadership assessment capability with unrivalled accuracy and independently verified quality standards (ISO 10667-2)
Foundation owned “Stiftelsen Mercuri Urval”
- Mandate to ensure the company remains independent and strong
- Appoints Partners
- Chaired by a board of well-known and respected leaders