We are seeking committed, talented and ambitious colleagues that are passionate about green energy
Morrow Batteries is planning to build its Morrow Industrialization Center in the Eyde Energi Park in Arendal. This will be the industrialization center for the main Giga-scale battery cell factories which will be subsequently constructed. Construction of the Morrow Industrialization Center is planned to begin in the third quarter of 2021.
The modern facility will make it possible for Morrow to industrialize its future battery cell technologies and carry out customer qualifications. It will have world-leading technology that facilitates for production of cathode active materials and battery cells intended for qualification for the European automotive industry but also other customers from the energy storage and consumer market.
To help us to accelerate the set-up of the Pilot Cell Factory in the Morrow Industrialization Center, we are seeking a committed, talented and ambitious Process Engineer - Electrode who is passionate about sustainable technology and energy. Working in Morrow’s distinctly entrepreneurial environment will undoubtedly move your career forward as a team-member and as a leader. You will have the opportunity to grow and shape the process engineering team and be a key member in scaling our organization and operation to the Giga-scale factories.
Key responsibilities during pilot factory and Giga factory set-up:
- Development, implement and optimize the electrode manufacturing process (mixing, coating, calendaring, slitting)
- Work with machine suppliers partners to specify the equipment for Pilot line and Giga factory to make sure that the required equipment capabilities are correctly defined
- Work with machine suppliers during equipment design to implement required capabilities and process requirements and to verify and confirm the requirements during FAT and SAT procedure
- Specify the production environment and plant utilities in collaboration with product development and process engineering for high quality electrode production
- Provide process documentation and operating work instructions for the newly developed processes
- Build-up the electrode process engineering team towards operating the pilot line operations and Giga factories
- Prototype new battery cell chemistries and formats in coordination with equipment suppliers, internal and external customers.
Key responsibilities during pilot factory and Giga factory operations:
- Define and monitor operating conditions, review productivity and confirm the production process in every stage of the production process
- Conduct process sensitivity studies, process capability evaluations on key parameters, determination of throughput capability, and ensuring proper documentation of work instructions
- Confirm process standards based on the optimum equipment operating conditions through process capability analysis and statistical process analysis (SPC management standard, Cpk review, etc.)
- Perform disciplined process engineering studies, process verification, identify CTQ’s, understand and reduce variations and perform DOEs to define optimum process settings
- Evaluate process data to determine failure modes and identify opportunities to improve; contribute to improved design and operating specifications supporting product, material, process and equipment development initiatives
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, conduct trouble shooting and implement corrective actions
- Monitor and check whether semi-products comply with quality requirements and process / product specifications
- Work closely with both product development and process engineering to continuously improve current processes, develop new processes and define quality metrics and product / process validation requirements
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services based manufacturer's instructions and established procedures
- Plan and manage production assets (equipment) and budgets for the investment and operation of the electrode production process and newly developed processes
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical, Process, Mechanical, Materials Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5+ years of experience in battery electrode, high viscosity coating and/or extrusion manufacturing process development
- Experience with viscous material mixing, material transfer and precision coating
- Experience working with equipment suppliers from around the world to develop and source new technologies
- Experience in scaling manufacturing operations and appropriate quality control systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with Minitab or similar programs and strong data analysis skills
- Work experience and capability to work in a clean room production environment and low moisture dry room environment (<1.0% relative humidity)
- Deep knowledge about slurry rheology and quality control parameters of slurry for mass production
- Operation and process development experience with focus on electrode mixing, coating, calendering and slitting processes a plus
- In-depth understanding of equipment design, documentation (RFQ, RFI, process specifications), release procedure (FAT/SAT) and commissioning
- Working knowledge of quality systems and tools including PFMEA, SPC, IATF16949, 6Sigma, design of experiments and statistical analysis
- Motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills and strong data driven, process orientated approach
- Ability to commit to aggressive timelines and to deliver on those commitments
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong work ethic and ability to flourish in a dynamic startup environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
We believe in flexible work hours and a good work-life balance, and while we love to get results, it’s incredibly important for us to have happy team members.
Our team is driven, hardworking, creative and responsible, with a love for inspiring each other in order to grow and learn.
We look forward to hearing from you!
In this assignment we are partnering with Mercuri Urval, specialists in Executive Search, Professional Recruitment and Talent Advisory.
Want to be part of the future of battery technology? Send your resume no later than June 14th, 2021.
For additional information please contact Andreas Maier, EVP Manufacturing, email firstname.lastname@example.org