We are seeking committed, talented and ambitious colleagues that are passionate about green energy
Morrow Batteries is planning to build its Morrow Industrialization Center in the Eyde Energi Park in Arendal. This will be the industrialization center for the main Giga-scale battery cell factories which will be subsequently constructed. Construction of the Morrow Industrialization Center is planned to begin in the third quarter of 2021.
The modern facility will make it possible for Morrow to industrialize its future battery cell technologies and carry out customer qualifications. It will have world-leading technology that facilitates for production of cathode active materials and battery cells intended for qualification for the European automotive industry but also other customers from the energy storage and consumer market.
To help us to accelerate the set-up of the Pilot Cell Factory in the Morrow Industrialization Center, we are seeking a committed, talented and ambitious Battery Cell Production Manager who is passionate about sustainable technology and energy. Working in Morrow’s distinctly entrepreneurial environment will undoubtedly move your career forward as a team-member and as a leader. You will have the opportunity to grow and shape the process engineering team and be a key member in scaling our organization and operation to the Giga-scale factories.
Key responsibilities during pilot factory and Giga factory set-up:
- Define and develop the factory ‘blueprint’ of the Pilot Cell factory (i.e. factory layout, material flow, etc.) that can be scaled and adopted in the Giga-factories
- Build-up the production engineering organization (production planning, production engineering, plant logistics, etc.) and develop standard operating processes and procedures
- Secure engineering team growth and competence development as well as long term employee development and employee satisfaction
Key responsibilities during pilot factory and Giga factory operations:
- Run, monitor and supervise the production operations
- Review production schedules and define work-force plans to meet the scheduled requirements
- Assign and direct work-force according to the production plans
- Monitor, achieve and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the plant operations (OEE, yield, scrap, inventory, etc.)
- Drive continuous improvement activities to increase efficiency, improve quality and reduce costs
- Manage MES system
- Manage logistics (inbound, plant, warehousing, outbound)
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services based manufacturer's instructions and established procedures
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical, Process, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5+ years of experience in continuous movement production systems (e.g., food packaging or other high volume industries), battery cell manufacturing and assembly operations
- Experience in scaling manufacturing operations and appropriate quality control systems
- Experience in managing people in multi-cultural environments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with Minitab or similar programs and strong data analysis skills
- Work experience and capability to work in a clean room production environment and low moisture dry room environment (<1.0% relative humidity)
- Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing and value stream analysis
- Working knowledge of quality systems and tools including PFMEA, SPC, IATF16949, 6Sigma, design of experiments and statistical analysis
- Motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills and strong data driven, process orientated approach
- Ability to commit to aggressive timelines and to deliver on those commitments
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong work ethic and ability to flourish in a dynamic startup environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
We believe in flexible work hours and a good work-life balance, and while we love to get results, it’s incredibly important for us to have happy team members.
Our team is driven, hardworking, creative and responsible, with a love for inspiring each other in order to grow and learn.
We look forward to hearing from you!
In this assignment we are partnering with Mercuri Urval, specialists in Executive Search, Professional Recruitment and Talent Advisory.
Want to be part of the future of battery technology? Send your resume no later than June 14th, 2021.
For additional information please contact Andreas Maier, EVP Manufacturing, email email@example.com