BIM Project Manager Norway
Oslo / Hønefoss
Spenncon / Consolis
Are you ready to take on a leading role as Project Manager in one of the most ambitious innovation projects within the Building & Construction Industry in Norway?
Spenncon is owned by Consolis, the world's leading supplier of prefabricated concrete elements. Of all their Business Units around the world, Hønefoss and Norway was chosen to lead the way for Consolis on implementing innovative Building Information Modelling - BIM technology, to be applied across their entire value chain.
Consolis is running an ambitious innovation program of implementing Building Information Modelling - BIM technology, which transforms the way we work with the projects internally as well as in collaboration with customers and suppliers.
BIM technology allows us to seamlessly integrate all aspects of customer projects by providing a 5D model as a shared knowledge resource for information about illustrative 3D Design of a solution, Time schedule of the project (4D), and Budget and cost (5D).
The Consolis program of implementing BIM technology is set up and running the first successful pilot at their factory in Hønefoss, and there´s a clear plan how to roll it out in other Business Units (BUs) within the global division of “Building Solutions”.
Main purpose for the role as BIM Project Manager Norway is to run, execute, and oversee the implementation activities of BIM technology in the local BU driving the BIM implementation pilot at the factory in Hønefoss. Subsequently it is critical that the Project Manager ensure all changes and new ways of working are sustained. The BIM Project Manager will be employed by the legal entity of Spenncon AS under Norwegian legislation of labor, but will have functional reporting lines within Consolis Group.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
BIM strategy & implementation plan delivery
- Taking the responsibility for running the plan for BIM implementation in Hønefoss
- Support BU organizations with implementation of BIM into their processes
- Cooperate and navigate in the implementation process order to align stakeholders at different levels and functions
BIM Process development
- Develop deep insights and understanding of the value chain in the BU
- Develop and Introduce BIM implementation solutions for how to connect BIM to all processes in the BU (Sales, Design, Production, Assembly)
- Develop processes and requirements for implementing BIM solutions in interaction and cooperation with customers
- Facilitate standardization of processes and solutions with BIM across in the BU and support standardization across different BUs
BIM Network participation & development
- Proactively participate in and maintain network of BIM responsible in the BU, across BUs, and across functions
- Coordinate close coordination and cooperation within the network of BIM Functional Leaders in the BU
- Proactively share know-how and best practices within the BU and across BUs
Internal Project Management
- Run BIM implementation activities as internal development projects
- Support local organizations with project structure, methodology, and toolbox
- Manage all stakeholders, follow up the implementation and make sure new ways of working are sustained
- Experience from Building & Construction industries and insights in its value chain operation
- Understanding of the entire process from customer to production
- Change management skills and experience
- Flair for IT systems and technology in general
- Strong BIM experience
- Strong general project management skills
- Focus on cooperation and good networking skills
- Comfortable working with people on several different organizational levels
- English and Norwegian language skills on a professional level (or other Scandinavian language)
- Proactively following up on progress and meeting deadlines
Why Spenncon and Consolis:
- Central and challenging role in the forefront of digitizing the Building & Construction Industry
- Opportunity to join a growing international company with a strong reputation and long history and to take an important part on its way to further success
- An informal and inspiring working environment with a focus on both delivering ambitious results and competence development
- Challenging tasks that offer many opportunities for further career development
- Broad international exposure and chance to significantly impact the key transformation journey
You are welcome to contact our advisors at Mercuri Urval for a first confidential dialogue about this opportunity, Ottar Skeide at +47 975 590 43 or Richard Tidemann Havdahl at +47 975 59 094. Apply for the position by uploading your CV and cover letter as soon as possible.