Spinnova’s mission is to produce the most sustainable textile fibres and materials in the world for the benefit of the environment and humanity. Our goal is to transform the raw material base of the entire global textile industry for the better.
Spinnova aims to transform how textiles are made globally. We have built a unique technology platform to produce disruptively sustainable textile fibres, without any harmful chemicals. And we can produce them from multiple raw materials, including wood, agricultural waste, such as wheat straw, leather waste and textile waste.
Our ambition is to scale the production of SPINNOVA® fibre to more than one million tonnes of per year within a decade, which is probably the most ambitious target set by any textile material innovation company globally.
From early on, we have partnered with leading brands in apparel and footwear, to develop commercial SPINNOVA® textile products. Our goal is to be the preferred sustainable textile material in various categories and industries. Our global brand vision is that the SPINNOVA® brand will be visible in the end products alongside industry brands – we want to be the “Gore-Tex of Sustainability”.
We are now looking for a Business Development Director to play a key role in achieving Spinnova’s mission. You share our passion for fighting climate change and are excited to join a company that has the potential to transform the raw material base of the entire global textile industry.
You will be a key member of Spinnova team, reporting to Chief Commercial Officer and working closely with the management team. As Spinnova is a fast-growing scale-up, you will have the opportunity to pave and lead the commercial path of a true deep tech innovation company globally.
In this role you will be:
- Playing a central role in the planning and realizing Spinnova’s sales and other commercial targets
- Negotiating long term material contracts and other commercial partnerships with brands, supply chain partners and distribution partners together with the commercial team
- Researching and opening new business areas for Spinnova
To excel in this role, your background should include:
- 10+ years of experience in highly demanding international business development positions from relevant field.
- Understanding the demands of a fast-moving growth company in terms of financials and operations
- Experience in strategy, business casing, sales financials creation. You are highly analytical.
- Negotiation skills with top management profile customers and partners
- Knowledge in sustainability / textile industry expertise is a plus
- You are fluent in English, other major language skills (and Finnish) are a huge plus due to the international scope of our operations
As a person you:
- Are mission driven and highly ambitious team player
- Match the team oriented, hands-on Spinnova culture
- Have great communication and influencing skills
- Take initiative, ownership and responsibility for your area AND are willing to support the company’s growth more broadly by working outside of your specific responsibilities
- Could be based in Finland (or in a major European city) and you can travel for work without restrictions
For more information you can contact our partner Mercuri Urval, Senior Consultant, Sanna Kröger on September 7th at 13-17 and September 15th at 9-12. Tel: +358405061856 and send an application with the mark of FI-16350 through www.mercuriurval.com. Please apply by September 20th 2021 at the latest.