One of Konecranes’ core competitive advantages is its highly skilled, motivated and engaged employees
Konecranes HR supports business leaders, line management and employees in all people & organizations matters to ensure business success and job satisfaction.
Our three core values - trust in people, total service commitment and sustained profitability - create a joint foundation for all Konecranes employees. They are the backbone of our company and guide our decisions and priorities. Konecranes values are part of our identity and shown in our behavior - the values guide our leadership, operations and activities.
Acting in this capacity, you will enable the business management to achieve the business objectives, and to increase the individual and collective contribution of the employees in both the short-term and the long-term towards the performance of the company.
- In this role you will support different Business Areas so you need to be openminded and flexible. In Konecranes, HR creates and delivers value added HR services to support the alignment of business and HR objectives. You will report to HR Director, EMEA-South (France, Italy, Morocco, Spain & Portugal), you will work closely also with business area and business unit HR’s. Implement and execute the Lifting People Strategy on a country level.
- Engage in strategic and annual planning activities on a country level: In order to be engaged in such activity HR should show curiosity to learn about the business so the contribution would be relevant. Otherwise managers won't see any value in counting with HR opinion, since won't be considered as useful or valid. In any case this represents only a small portion of the year's workload.
- Manage, implement and follow our global processes locally such as: talent review process, performance management, employee development programs, recruiting and talent acquisition, compensation and salary review and other HR processes aligned with Konecranes guidelines in your own area of responsibility.
- Partnering with the local managers to provide daily support and advise on HR policies and programs, resolving employee issues and managing change.
- Participating to some special projects designated from global or EMEA-South HR.
- Ensures the administration of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions and ensure policies, procedures and reporting comply.
- Provide service on wide range of people topics in compliance with local regulation and Konecranes processes.
- Trusting cooperation with the unions, to achieve necessary changes and agreements.
- Maintenance of accurate and up to date human resources information system and taking care of data protection.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization’s compliance with Spanish employment law and regulations.
- Liaise with HSE Manager to ensure safe working environment and good safety culture.
- Formulate, implement and maintain country HR plan and budget aligned with business needs and KC directions.
- Evaluate the org’s future workforce needs in order to recommend changes to the org’s HR initiatives and adapt existing current HR initiatives to meet these needs.
- Develop and deliver local services such as benefit offering, occupational health care, other local policies and practices.
What we expect from you
We are looking for a business focused and service minded person with a team player competency, and excellent networking skills. Your strength is resilience and self-confidence and you have hands-on attitude to support the businesses. You know perfectly the local law and the culture (Spain & Portugal). You are flexible and willing to work with different people and manners. You have an experience with HR software like Success Factors, and you are confident in computer skills (MS Office applications, EXCEL, WORD, POWER POINT). We hope you have a strong background as an HR Manager or HR Business Partner or similar positions with at least 5 years in this position and minimum a Bachelor or Master’s Degree supporting this position.
The working languages will be Spanish, and English. Portuguese and French would be a plus. The location of this position is Madrid, Barcelona, Vic or Valencia. Some travelling to other EMEA – South countries is required in this position.
- Legal labour competence is absolutely imperative. (Solid legal basis).
- BSc Degree Law, Business Administration, Economics, or any other at University level.
- Postgraduate HR degree/Master.
- Relevant experience (seniority) taking on generalist HR roles. But with a high competence in legal matters and negotiations process. Up-to-date knowledge of legal requirements linked to HR practices (Spain & Portugal).
- Multinational experience (Complex matrix organization).
- Experience as HR manager in organizations over 300 employees.
- Willingness to travel within the region (Spain and Portugal) and within Europe.
- Spanish & English are mandatory. French and Portuguese would be a plus.
- Hands on mindset and working culture.
What we offer you
In return, we can offer you an exciting and challenging Country HR Manager position in a positive and flexible international working environment to form part of the EMEA South HR team, of HR network globally, and with us, you will create value added HR support locally and delivering HR Services according to our Lifting People strategy. Our organization is changing with modern tools and processes and we can propose you to get involve in the organization developing.