To further strengthen our Chartering team, we a looking for a driven, adaptable, and curious person to become an important part of our team and help us to move the business forward.
Over the years we have built strong working relationships with the main owners and operators of all vessel sizes, with a strong focus in the coaster to handy-size segment. Today, we have a team of dedicated chartering professionals in Copenhagen and Hamburg supporting clients internally as well as externally. Our focus is mainly on biomass and grain with approx. 600 vessels fixed every year. Additionally, we operate a small fleet of coasters traded in the open market with focus of the Baltic market and the clients operating in this region.
About the Job
Upon joining the chartering team, you will become part of our day-to-day activities and get the opportunity to have a direct influence on how the company continues its strong, consistent growth. We intend for you to join the wood pellet focused side of the chartering team where no day is alike, and we constantly strive to optimize our work in very close coordination with the biomass trading and execution team.
Your role will include some of the following responsibilities:
- Fixing ships in the market in close dialogue with all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage and optimize operation of the fixed vessel throughout the voyage.
- Maintain overview of our vessels, trade flows seeking new trade opportunities.
- Identify potential for optimizing planning and operation processes.
- Customer relationship management.
However, it is important to stress that the scope of your work and focus may change in accordance with you skills, personality, interests, and market dynamics.
We expect you to have at least two years of experience in the shipping industry in an equivalent position with a solid end-to-end understanding of the business, providing you the ability to navigate in a constantly changing market. We expect you to possess and excel in the following abilities:
- Full English proficiency both written and spoken. Danish proficiency is not a requirement but a plus,
- Curious, self-driven and ambitious with a genuine interest to understand the whole value chain.
- Strong negotiator with hunger and ability to outperform the market,
- Team player but with the discipline to work alone,
- Ability to achieve results in a demanding and challenging environment,
- Have good interpersonal skills and ability to create, maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
If you find the job interesting, please upload your application and resume.
Reference number: DK-08456.