The Belgian entity of Seafrigo with 1200 employees across the globe has been growing significantly the past years. This newly created role will form the heart of the export business of this expert company in the perishable logistics business.
Responsibilities and tasks
- You are responsible for the export operations within the Belgian organisation, and have the full operational and documentary responsibility from start to finish.
- You lead the export department, consisting of 4 team members.
- You closely collaborate with different internal stakeholders and support departments (e.g. customs declaration, (inside) sales, accounting, ...) and external stakeholders like clients, shipping companies and other subcontractors.
- You translate strategic decisions made by the management team into operational actions and make sure all processes within the export department are effective and are optimized when needed.
- You focus on creating an efficient way of working, keep an eye on priorities and you divide and delegate workload in a fair manner across the team.
- You maintain the standard operating procedures for all clients in order to guarantee a smooth back-up among colleagues. You stimulate the team’s dynamics and communication and you focus on the (personal) development of the team.
- You report directly to the Operations Manager Belgium.
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience as a forwarder export Experience with perishable cargo and consolidation is a plus, not a must. Experience with forwarding to the African region is also an asset.
- With your people skills, you have the ambition to move to the role of team leader after an introduction period.
- You are looking for a combination of an operational and managerial role. You are hands-on, yet skilled in maintaining a helicopter view.
- You are analytical and critical. Experience with continuous improvement, the reorganisation of a team or project management are great assets.
- You have good French and English communication skills, Dutch is a plus. All other languages are an asset.
What we offer
- You will join a smaller Belgian organisation, part of a family owned international group, where team spirit, interpersonal skills are key and employee development is a central topic.
- You have the chance to be part of a strong specialty brand with an excellent reputation within the food logistics.
- Since Seafrigo has all the support departments in-house, you don’t need to rely on external partners. You will have a maximum of impact since you get the full A-Z responsibility to serve your clients.
- Thanks to the flat company structure, you will have the chance to share and implement personal initiatives within the whole organisation.
- Next to receiving a competitive salary package, you will have the chance to focus on professional training and personal development.
We look forward to hearing from you
Please click the Apply button to send your CV. For additional information please contact Annemieke Coveliers or Sarah Ruyssers at +32 (0)3 281 15 50 (ref.no. BE-05584). This recruitment is exclusively performed by Mercuri Urval.