A leader in building architecture solutions
Copenhagen area / Denmark
Our client is a European leader in architecture, building and workplace design solutions with a strong focus on innovation.
The company is now seeking a key team member, who will drive the innovation agenda by developing products and services that target and set modern trends in architecture and buildings.
This is a key role, which reports directly to the Global Managing Director. As member of the global management team, the Innovation Director will have a mandate to set ambitious goals to propel the company’s product portfolio and business into the future.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Innovation Director:
- Leads a growing and international Research & Development and Product Management team. Furthermore, they support and advise a team of technical experts across various markets.
- Is responsible for innovating and enhancing the company’s product portfolio and bears the final responsibility for the introduction and implementation of new products and their corresponding roadmaps.
- Continually evaluates the organizational structure and the resources needed to rapidly launch new products through an iterative process; defines the Product Development Strategy based on external as well as internal parameters.
- Acts upon the trends observed with a good overview of and insight into the market, competition, and consumer demand.
- Represents Innovation towards leaders in architecture, workplace wellbeing standards, and internal stakeholders.
Education, Experience and Skills
The Innovation Director should be someone who is keenly interested in building architecture, occupant comfort and sustainability, with a passion for (and hands-on experience in) designing new products & services:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree; a major in Product Development, Product Design, Architecture, or similar is an asset.
- 10+ years’ experience developing products or solutions in the construction, building architecture or workplace design areas.
- Extensive experience with user/market research, prototyping, material selection, industrialization, product release and certification.
- Familiar with processes and tools such as value canvas, agile and design thinking.
- Business sense to prioritize what is high impact vs. low impact on P&L in short & long-term.
- Experience in establishing and coaching a multi-functional team; Strong at stakeholder management and internal networking.
- Understanding of building architecture and key trends, and preferably an established network within the interior design community in Europe.
- Written and spoken English at a high professional level; fluency in Danish and/or Dutch is an asset.
We are the company’s partner for this search.
If you are interested in this role, please upload your application in English with the reference number: DK-06122. If you have any questions, please contact Isabella Valentini at the following number: 5076 1208.