This position is an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic commercial manager to join an entrepreneurial seed development company that is positioned for exciting growthSøg stillingen her
Copenhagen Area / Denmark
Recognized as a potential game-changer, with a break-through technology platform, the company has recently been spun out from a global organization in the Copenhagen area, with the objective to create value in the trait development business in plants.
Having established the essentials, the company is now heading into the commercial phase, accelerating the implementation of business plans and ideas. The operational team is in place, and to strengthen the commercial capabilities, Mercuri Urval is now looking for a commercial lead to join their management team.
Overview of the role
As commercial lead, you will join the management team of a young trait development company in the seed business, owned and supported by a multinational company. You will identify commercial opportunities, drive the marketing strategy towards customers, and negotiate commercial contracts and agreements. In the role, you are responsible for developing and executing the sales strategies to deliver measurable business value, and for the development of key commercial relationships. By evaluating potential collaboration, you will also establish external partnerships with academic or industry organizations.
- Develop and execute commercial plan that supports an aggressive yet sustainable growth
- Identify sales opportunities and industry relationships that support the company´s objective
- Develop marketing strategies and determine proper go-to-market plans for commercial offerings
- Develop pricing strategies and lead negotiations with customers and partners
- Provide marketing insights and translate these to business development plans.
- Academic degree, preferably a commercial education or a scientific/agricultural education
- Very good understanding of the seeds business and value chain (in particular field crops and vegetables in Europe) and an extensive network within universities and ag/biotech companies
- Solid track record in B2B Sales and Marketing environment, with demonstrated experience in the direct sales and contract management, preferably including licensing agreements in the seeds business
- Strong communication, networking and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial, and able to cope with a changing environment
- Proven business acumen and demonstrated ability to solve problems and negotiate agreements
- 5-8 year’s work experience in the seed business, for example in a marketing/commercial/licensing/procurement role in a major breeding or grain trading company.
If you can see your creative, hands-on, result-oriented personality in this job opportunity and you also thrive in a fast paced and highly entrepreneurial environment, please send your application and CV via the link below. Mercuri Urval will review applications on an ongoing basis.
Reference number: DK-06571